The Yale PA Program Admission Process and How to Apply
The Yale PA Program utilizes a rolling admission process. This means that those who complete their applications first (verified CASPA application, official GRE score report, three reference letters, and the supplemental application), are considered for early interviews and admission decisions.
Interviews for invited applicants are scheduled from mid-October through November, depending on space availability. Therefore, we encourage applicants to submit their applications early.
1. Submit the CASPA Application
Applicants must e-submit their CASPA application by 11:59pm EST on September 1st through the on-line Centralized Application Service for Physician Assistants (CASPA) website located at http://www.caspaonline.org/. Applications must be verified (GPA calculated) and complete by October 1st. An application will be considered complete after the following are received: the Supplemental Application, three letters of recommendation, official GRE scores, and World Education Service (WES) evaluations (if required).
Applications are only reviewed once all documents have been submitted and the application has been verified by CASPA. It is the applicant's responsibility to monitor their application status on CASPA and complete all requirements in a timely fashion. The on-line CASPA application must:
- Show the courses that satisfy the prerequisites. A maximum of one prerequisite course may be "in progress" at the time the CASPA application is submitted. The "in progress" course must be completed by December 31st with a grade of "B" or better.
- Include three letters of recommendation. These are usually written by someone who is very familiar with the applicant's patient care experience. At least one recommendation must be submitted by a health care professional who has observed the applicant in either a volunteer or employment capacity. Examples include, but are not limited to:
- a professor or another individual familiar with one's scholarship
- a physician, physician assistant or other healthcare provider
- another professional affiliate
2. Submit the Supplemental Application - link here
Applicants must use their CASPA ID to create their supplemental application account. The supplemental application includes short essay questions aimed at determining your readiness for entering the PA profession and the Yale program. The supplemental application fee is $50 and must be remitted at the time you create your account.
3. Required Standardized Tests (ETS Code 3983) – GRE and TOEFL (if required)
The Graduate Record Examination (GRE) official score is required of all applicants. We do not waive this requirement.
We strongly encourage all applicants to take the GRE by August 1st in order to meet our application deadline. All test scores are uploaded by CASPA to the on-line application. An applicant must use the institutional code of 3983 when requesting GRE scores for Yale. If the applicant cannot view the test score results on the application portal, they have not been loaded. Applicants must then submit a request to CASPA to have their scores matched to their application.
- You must use the Yale PA Program code of 3983.
- More information regarding the GRE can be found at www.ets.org.
- Competitive applicants to the Yale PA Program score in the 50th percentile or above on each section of the GRE exam.
TOEFL Required (ETS Code 3983): For those whose first language is not English and did not earn a degree in the United States, Canada or Great Britain, the TOEFL is required. Please see the International Students section for details.
For more information, visit the Admissions FAQ