How to Apply
The CASPA Application
The Yale PA Program requires that all VERIFIED CAPSA applications must be received by October 1 through the on-line Centralized Application Service for Physician Assistants (CASPA) program. Please visit the website at http://www.caspaonline.org/ or call 617-612-2080 for more information.
Applications are reviewed once VERIFIED by CASPA and all required documents and an applicant's official GRE score have been submitted, as stated below. It is the applicant's responsibility to confirm completion of the application by viewing his or her on-line CAPSA application.Please do not call the PA Program to determine completeness.
The on-line CASPA application must:
- show that all academic prerequisites are completed or will be completed by the October 1 application deadline. It is the applicant's responsibility to ensure that all official transcripts for "in progress" course work are received by the PA Program Admissions Office by the application deadline. Please do not send transcripts for coursework that has already been "verified" by CASPA.
- include three letters of recommendation submitted to CASPA.These are usually written by someone who is familiar with the applicant's patient care experience. At least one recommendation must be submitted by a health care professional who has observed the applicant in either a volunteer or employment capacity. Examples include, but are not limited to:
- a professor or another individual familiar with one's scholarship
- a physician or physician assistant
- another professional affiliate
We strongly encourage all applicants to take the GRE by early August to ensure that the official scores are received by CASPA by our application deadline of October 1. All test scores are sent directly to an applicant's CASPA on-line application by ETS. An applicant must use the institutional code of 3983 when requesting GRE scores to be sent by ETS. Official scores sent to other school codes will not appear on the applicant's Yale PA Program-designated application resulting in an incomplete application..Re-applicants must also request ETS to send official scores again for future applications.
- Please note that Yale University has several institutional codes for the GRE – in order for an applicant's CASPA application to include official GRE scores from ETS (the Educational Testing Service), the institution code of 3983 must be used.
- More information regarding the GRE can be found at www.ets.org.
- Competitive applicants to the Yale PA Program score in the 50th percentile or higher on each section of the GRE exam.
For more information, visit the Admissions FAQ