Basmah Safdar MD, FACEP
Assistant Professor of Emergency Medicine; Co-Chair, Chest Pain Center
Departments & Organizations
Clinical research; Chest pain center; Women and cardiovascular disease; Sex- and gender-specific research; Cardiac biomakers; Coronary risk factors; Depression; Disparities; Education; Chest pain in a multidimensional model; Pain; Perception; Women's health; Microvessel disease; Endothelial reactivity; persistent chest pain; systems costs. more...
- M.D., Aga Khan University, Pakistan, 1999
- M.Sc., Harvard University, 2013
- Safdar B, Bezek SK, Sinusas AJ, Russell RR, Klein MR, Dziura JD, D'onofrio G. (2014) Elevated CK-MB with a Normal Troponin Does Not Predict 30-Day Adverse Cardiac Events in Emergency Department Chest Pain Observation Unit Patients. Crit Pathw Cardiol. Mar;13(1):14-9.
- Diercks DB, Mumma BE, Peacock FW, Hollander JE, Safdar B, Mahler SA, Miller CD, Nagurney JT. (2013) Incremental value of objective cardiac testing in addition to physician impression and serial contemporary troponin measurements in women. Academic Emergency Medicine. Mar;20(3):265-70.
- McGregor A, Greenberg M, Safdar B, Pozananski S, Davenport M, Miner J, Choo E. (2013) Focusing a Gender Lens on Emergency Medicine Research – 2012 Update. Academic Emergency Medicine. Mar;20(3):313-20.