Serena Spudich MD, MA
Associate Professor of Neurology; Division Chief, Neurological Infections & Global Neurology
Departments & Organizations
Neurology: Neurological Infections and Global NeurologyAIDS Care Program
HIV; AIDS; Central nervous system inflammation; Viral compartmentalization; Acute infection; HIV reservoirs; Magnetic resonance spectrocsopy; Diffusion tensor imaging; Neural markers; Cerebrospinal fluid biomarkers more...
- B.A., Stanford University, 1991
- M.A., Stanford University, 1992
- M.D., University of California at San Francisco, 1997
- Young AC, Yiannoutsos CT, Hegde M, Lee E, Peterson J, Walter R, Price RW, Meyerhoff DJ, Spudich S. Cerebral metabolite changes prior to and after antiretroviral therapy in primary HIV infection. Neurology. 2014 Sep 26.
- Cerebrospinal fluid and neuroimaging biomarker abnormalities suggest early neurological injury in a subset of individuals during primary HIV infection. Peluso MJ, Meyerhoff DJ, Price RW, Peterson J, Lee E, Young AC, Walter R, Fuchs D, Brew BJ, Cinque P, Robertson K, Hagberg L, Zetterberg H, Gisslén M, Spudich S. J Infect Dis. 2013 Jun 1;207(11):1703-12.
- Cerebrospinal fluid HIV escape associated with progressive neurologic dysfunction in patients on antiretroviral therapy with well controlled plasma viral load. Peluso MJ, Ferretti F, Peterson J, Lee E, Fuchs D, Boschini A, Gisslén M, Angoff N, Price RW, Cinque P, Spudich S. AIDS. 2012 Sep 10;26(14):1765-74.