Vincent Coates Professor of Neurology and Professor of Neuroscience
Director, Cellular Neuroscience, Neurodegeneration and Repair
Director, Memory Disorders Clinic
Director, Yale Alzheimer's Disease Research Center
Alzheimer Disease; Axons; Dementia; Motor Neuron Disease; Regenerative Medicine; Spinal Cord Injuries
Stephen M. Strittmatter earned his undergraduate degree from Harvard College, summa cum laude, in 1980. He completed M.D. and Ph.D. training at Johns Hopkins in 1986 with mentorship from Solomon H. Snyder, M.D. He then moved to Massachusetts General Hospital for a medical internship and an Adult Neurology residency. While at Massachusetts General Hospital, he worked as a Research Fellow with Mark Fishman, M.D., exploring the molecular basis of axonal guidance. After a year as Fellow, he served...
Associate Research Scientist in Neurology
Analytical, Diagnostic and Therapeutic Techniques and Equipment; Chemicals and Drugs
Erik graduated with honors from the University of California at Santa Cruz (1993), received a PhD in Cellular and Molecular Biology from the University of Washington (2001) and was Senior Scientist in the Central Nervous System Department of CuraGen, Inc. before entering the Center for Neurodegeneration and Neurorepair under the Department of Neurology at Yale (2005).
Santiago is currently a Ph.D. student in the department of Genetics. He is interested in studying the molecular mechanisms that lead to Alzheimer's disease. His primary goal is to understand the relationship between beta-amyloid/PrP-C interaction and neurodegenerative pathology.
Levi M. Smith is a graduate student from the department of Cell Biology. He is interested in the cellular and molecular mechanisms of Alzheimer's disease as well as drug discovery. His current research investigates the roles of several cell-surface proteinsin the binding of soluble amyloid beta oligomers to cells. Levi graduated with a M.S. in Pharmaceutical Sciences and a Doctor of Pharmacy from Butler University in 2013 and joined the Strittmatter lab in 2014.
- Iris Bonilla, U.C.L.A.
- Stephane Budel, DeciBio, LLC
- Denise Davis, St. Judes, Post Doc.
- Alyson Fournier, McGill University
- Yoshio Goshima, Yokohama City University
- Grahamme Gould, Yale Neurosurgery
- Tadzia GrandPre, Baylor
- Ji-Eun Kim, U.C.S.D.
- Juha Lauren, MIT Business School
- Jung-Kil Lee
- Shuxin Li, Unversity of Texas Southwestern
- Betty Liu, Keck Foundation
- Aaron W. McGee, Univ. Southern California
- Fumio Nakamura, Yokohama City University
- Katherine Ouwer
- James Park, Barrow Institute
- Sang-Ohk Shim
- Philipp Strittmatter
- Elizabeth Strittmatter
- Takuya Takahashi, Yokohama City University
- Bayan Takazawa, M.I.T., Business School
- Katsuhisa Tanabe
- Matsuhisa Tanaka
- Yvonne Yang, UCLA, Psychiatry
- Lizhen Wang, Regeneron
- Jarrad Weiss
- Byung Kim
- Omar Hasan, UMDNJ
- Eric Huebner, Yale, MD/PhD
- Noam Harel, Mt. Sinai, NYC
- William Cafferty, Yale, Neurology Assistant Professor
- Philip Duffy, Yale Development
- David Gimbel, Yale Neurosurgery Residency
- Ji-Won Um
- Adam Kaufman, University of Pennsylvania
- Yixiao Zou
- Jacqueline Heiss
- Sarah Bhagat - Stanford University
- Laura Haas -University of Tubingen
- Zoe Klein