The mission of the Office of Global Health is to confront the disparities in global health through research, education and health services in partnership with institutions serving resource-limited communities around the world.
Collaborating with other institutions focused on education, research and health services. These partnerships provide opportunities for:
- Collaboration to identify and address partners' community needs.
- Supervised clinical rotations for medical students and residents.
- Structured clinical rotations for faculty and career physicians.
- Training of faculty from our partner institutions in the skills and knowledge required to meet the needs of their communities.
- Structured clinical and research training.
- Conducting clinically relevant and ethically sound research.
Working within departments and schools at Yale (click Resources tab) to:
- Advocate global health training and education at Yale School of Medicine and Yale University.
- Develop interdisciplinary clinical, training and research projects.
- Create a joint curriculum in global health for students and clinical trainees.
Supporting didactic courses in global health and tropical diseases for students and residents, including such topics as common diseases found in resource-poor areas of the world; population and environment; economics and poverty; and gender and culture.
PartnershipsOur partners include the following medical institutions:
- Mulago Hospital/Makerere University in Kampala, Uganda
- Orotta Medical Center, Asmara, Eritrea
- Philanjalo/Church of Scotland Hospital, Tugela Ferry, Kwa Zulu Natal, South Africa
- JFK Medical Center, Monrovia, Liberia
- Alam Sehat Lestari/Health in Harmony, Sukadana, Borneo, Indonesia
- King Faisal Hospital and Central University Hospital in Kigali (CHUK), Rwanda
- Kazan Medical University, Kazan, Russia
- Yale/Stanford Johnson & Johnson Global Health Scholars Program
- The Mulago Foundation
- The Yale-Mulago Medical Fellowship Corporation
- The Gilead Foundation
- Yale New Haven Hospital
- Waterbury Hospital
Sr. Administrative Assistant to Dr. Asghar Rastegar, Director, Office of Global Health,Coordinator, Medical Grand Rounds, Department of Medicine
Assistant Director, Office of Global Health (Department of Internal Medicine)
Affiliated Faculty, Yale Global Health Leadership Institute
Professor of Medicine
Director, Office of Global Health
Chief, Fitkin Firm, YNHH