Education, Medical; Internal Medicine; Patient Discharge; Physicians, Primary Care
Current research projects include the study of medical team assistants and the impact of team assistants on the clinical and educational environment of house officers; also a study looking at the quality of discharge communication and its association with adverse outcomes after hospital discharge.
Specialized Terms: Medical Education; Discharge communication;Transitions of care
- Horwitz LI, Moriarty JP, Chen C, Fogerty Rl, Brewster UC, Kanade S, Ziaeian B, Jung GY, Krumholz HM. Quality of Discharge Practices and Patient Understanding at an Academic medical Center. JAMA Intern Med. 2013 August 19 epub
- Horwitz LI, Jeng GY, Brewster UC, Chen C, Kanade S, Can Ness PH, Araujo KL, Ziaeian B, Moriarty Jp, Forgerty Rl, Krumholz HM. Comprehensive quality of discharge summaries at an academic medical center. J Hosp Med. 2013 Aug 8(8):436-43.
- Lee A, Moriarty JP, Borgstom C, Horwitz L. What can we learn from patient dissatisfaction? Analysis of dissatisfying events at an academic medical center. J of Hosp Med. 2010 Nov-Dec:5(9)514-20
- Federman DG, Brescia GR, Moriarty JP, Haskell Sg, Krishnamurthy R, Kirsner RS. Update in thrombosis: Answers to perplexing questions. Cleveland Clinic Journal of Medicine. 2005 October72(10): 907-915.
- Federman DG. Kirsner RS. Moriarty JP. Concato J. The effect of antibiotic therapy for patients infected with Helicobacter pylori who have chronic urticaria. [Review] [20 refs] [Journal Article. Review] Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology. 49(5):861-4, 2003 Nov.
- Federman DG. Moriarty JP. Kravetz JD. Kirsner RS. Thrombosis new culprits in an old disorder. Panminerva Medica. 44(2):107-13. 2002 Jun
- Internal Medicine Residents’ Perspectives on Receiving Feedback in Milestone Format Angus S, Moriarty JP, Nardino RJ, Chmielewski A, Rosenblum, MJ. Internal Medicine Residents’ Perspectives on Receiving Feedback in Milestone Format. Journal of Graduate Medical Education. 2015 on line early release
- Novel Integration of Systems-Based Practice Into Internal Medicine Residency Programs: The Interactive Cost-Awareness Resident Exercise (I-CARE). Fogerty RL, Heavner JJ, Moriarty JP, Sofair AN, Jenq G. Novel Integration of Systems-Based Practice Into Internal Medicine Residency Programs: The Interactive Cost-Awareness Resident Exercise (I-CARE). Teaching and Learning in Medicine: An International Journal. 2014 26(1)90-94.