Yale Cardiology has a long history of clinical and academic excellence. The full time Section was formed in the mid-1950’s under the leadership of Dr. Allan V.N. Goodyer, the first full time faculty member to serve as chief of cardiology.
The Section has expanded its basic and translational research program and embarked on rapid clinical programs growth. Today, Yale Cardiovascular Medicine has 66 full time and 9 adjunct faculty members. The Section operates four specialized research centers, provides a full spectrum of clinical cardiovascular care and offers an array of training programs in cardiovascular medicine and research.