Kathleen M Stoessel MD
Associate Professor of Ophthalmology and Visual Science; Director, Retina Fellowship Program
Dr. Stoessel is a full-time retina faculty, specializing in Medical Retina and Director of the Retina Fellowship Program. She graduated from the College of New Rochelle and received her medical degree (MD) from the State University of New York – Downstate Medical Center . She completed her ophthalmology residency training at the Yale University School of Medicine , followed by a vitreoretinal fellowship, also at Yale. Dr. Stoessel joined the Yale Eye Center as a full time faculty in Retina.
Dr. Stoessel is board certified in Ophthalmology.
Dr. Stoessel is an Associate Professor of Ophthalmology at Yale University in Retinal Disease and is in charge of the Retinopathy of Prematurity (ROP) program in which premature infants have retina evaluations, monitoring, and laser treatment when indicated to lower the risk of vision loss.
Dr. Stoessel is the Retina Co-investigator at Yale for the Epidemiology of Diabetes Interventions and Complications (EDIC) Trial.
Education & Training
- College of New Rochelle, New York (1972)
- SUNY Downstate Medical Center (1976)
- Montefiore Hospital, Internal Medicine/Emergency Medicine
- Yale University School of Medicine, Vitreoretinal Diseases
- Yale University School of Medicine, Ophthalmology
- Board Certification
- Ophthalmology, Board Certified (1984)