Peter Aaron Takizawa PhD
Assistant Professor of Cell Biology; Director, Medical Studies
Departments & Organizations
Yale Combined Program in the Biological and Biomedical Sciences (BBS): Molecular Cell Biology, Genetics and Development
Office of Student ResearchCell Biology: Cytoskeletal Dynamics; Developmental Cell Biology and Genetics
- B.S., University of California at Los Angeles, 1990
- Ph.D., University of California at Los Angeles, 1996
- Peluso M and Takizawa P (2010) Student involvement in the development of integrated curricula. Medical Education. 44(11): 1120-1121.
- Chung S and Takizawa PA. (2010) Multiple Myo4 Motors Enhance ASH1 mRNA Transport in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. J Cell Biol. 189(4): 755-767
- Dunn BD, Sakamoto T, Hong MS, Sellers JR, Takizawa PA. Myo4p is a monomeric myosin with motility uniquely adapted to transport mRNA. J Cell Biol. 2007 Sep 24;178(7):1193-206. PMID: 1789324.