Valentina Greco PhD
Assistant Professor of Genetics and of Dermatology
Departments & Organizations
Biological and Biomedical Sciences (BBS): Molecular Cell Biology, Genetics and Development: Genetics and Genomics | Molecular Medicine, Pharmacology, and Physiology
Stem Cell Center, Yale: Stem Cell Niche and Homing | Tissue Specific Stem Cells
Postnatal Development & Regeneration
Organ regeneration in vertebrate systems; Stem cells; Stem cell niche organization; cancer more...
- B.S., University of Biological Science, Palermo, Italy, 1996
- Ph.D., Heidelberg University, 2002
- Rompolas, P., Deschene, E., Zito, G., Gonzalez, D., Saotome, I., Haberman, A., and Greco, V.*. “In vivo live imaging of stem cell and progeny behaviour in physiological hair follicle regeneration”. Nature. Jul 26. 2012. (* corresponding author).
- Greco, V.* and Guo, S. “Compartmentalized organization: a common and required feature of stem cell niches?”. Development. 2010. 137(10):1586-94. (* corresponding author)
- Greco Valentina*, Chen Ting*, Rendl Michael, Pasolli Amalia, Stokes Nicole and Fuchs Elaine. 2009. “ A Two-Step Mechanism for Stem Cell Activation during Hair Regeneration”. Cell Stem Cell, Feb 6; 4:1-15.