Research & Publications
Dr. Johnson has certifications from the American Board of Surgery in General Surgery and in Surgical Critical Care. He also has certifications for Advanced Trauma Life Support Provider, Advanced Trauma Life Support Instructor, and Advanced Trauma Operative Management.
Dr. Johnson earned his undergraduate degree from Morehouse College in Atlanta and his medical degree from Yale School of Medicine. He completed his residency training in general surgery from the University of Texas Medical Branch, Department of General Surgery in Galveston; and Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Department of General Surgery in Nashville. He was fellowship-trained in surgical critical care and acute care surgery at Yale School of Medicine, Department of Surgery.
Dr. Johnson services as the Director of both the Surgical Intensive Care Unit and Surgical Services for the Saint Raphael's Campus.
Education & Training
- FellowYale University School of Medicine (2008)
- ResidentUniversity of Texas Medical Branch (2005)
- ResidentVanderbilt University (2002)
- InternRush University Medical Center (2001)
- MDYale School of Medicine (2000)
- Haiti Medical Relief MissionPort-au-Prince, Ouest, Haiti 2009Provided medical care to Earthquake survivors and victims