Qualities of a Good CBPR Researcher
Am I a Good Researcher?
Community organizations in New Haven said that these are questions academic researchers should ask themselves:
- Am I willing to share resources (money, time, people, space, etc.)?
- Do I demonstrate humility?
- Am I transparent?
- Am I a good listener?
- Am I respectful of my community partners and the community I am doing research in?
- Am I flexible in my research approach?
- Am I open to learning & teaching?
Academic researchers need to be able to come to the community with all of their talents, skills and knowledge but be able to balance those skills and be prepared to come to the community with humility while still owning their talents.