Application Procedure for Residency
Our program will be participating in ERAS (Electronic Residency Application Service). Please submit all application requirements directly to your Dean's Office. International medical graduates should apply through the ECFMG office. No applications should be sent through the mail. We will require the following for a completed application:
- USMLE Part 1 score of 205 or higher
- Brief curriculum vitae. (CV with the ERAS program is acceptable)
- Letters of reference. Three letters are required.
- Two letters from the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Dean’s letter
- Additional letters are welcome
- Medical School Transcript
- Although a photograph is optional, it will be of great importance to track applicants after their interviews since the final selection process depends heavily upon the interviewers' personal recollections
- Application deadline is October 26th
Interview and Selection Procedure
- Candidate’s application will be considered only if all requirements listed in the application procedure are completed and received. This is the applicant’s responsibility.
- All applications need to be completed by October 24th and applications not completed by that date may not be considered (we understand that Dean’s letters are released on November 1st and may arrive after the application).
- When your application is complete you will be notified whether or not you have been selected for an interview.
Selected candidates will be invited for an interview at Yale on November 13, November 15, December 4, or December 6.
Requirements for Foreign Graduates
- Our program will be participating in ERAS (Electronic Residency Application Service). No applications will be accepted through the mail.
- We require that a foreign medical graduate have at least one month on an acute medicine service in the United States before he/she can be considered for residency (cannot be an observership) and the program director must write a letter of recommendation attesting to the applicant’s clinical competence.
- Passed USMLE Part I with board score of 205 or higher. Do not require Step 2 or 3 for application.
- Before the final match you must have valid ECFMG certificate
- If you are not a U.S. citizen / green card holder and match in the Ob/Gyn Residency Program at Yale, you will be offered a J1 visa. Alternative visas (such as H1) will be considered on an individual basis. Applicants who are refuges or asylees are eligible to apply
- Deadline for applications is October 26th