Melissa Pauline Knauert MD, PhD
Instructor in Medicine (Pulmonary); Associate Program Director, Sleep Medicine Fellowship
Sleep deprivation in critically ill patients;
noise and light reduction in the hospital environment;
sleep disordered breathing in pregnant women
Dr. Knauert’s research investigates sleep deprivation in critically ill patients with a focus on environmental sources of sleep disturbance. In collaboration with the many members of the medical ICU care team, she is implementing a quiet time protocol aimed at providing patients with an opportunity to sleep while admitted to the hospital.
- Knauert M, Yaggi H, Redeker N, Murphy TE, Araujo KL, Pisani MA: Feasibility study of unattended polysomnography in medical intensive care unit patients. Heart and Lung 2014, In Press.
- Argento AC, Kim A, Knauert MP, Boffa D, Siegel M, Jafari B, Puchalski JT: Recurrent Hydrothorax and Surgical Diaphragmatic Repair: Report of 2 Cases and Review of the Literature. J Broncho Intervent Pulmonol 2014, 21(2):150-153.
- Knauert M, Vangala S, Haslip M, Lee PJ: Therapeutic applications of carbon monoxide. Oxidative medicine and cellular longevity 2013, 2013:360815.
- Knauert MP, Kalish JM, Hegan DC, Glazer PM: Triplex-stimulated intermolecular recombination at a single-copy genomic target. Molecular therapy : the journal of the American Society of Gene Therapy 2006, 14(3):392-400.
- Knauert MP, Lloyd JA, Rogers FA, Datta HJ, Bennett ML, Weeks DL, Glazer PM: Distance and affinity dependence of triplex-induced recombination. Biochemistry 2005, 44(10):3856-3864.