Copper; Liver Transplantation; Liver Failure, Acute
I participate as an investigator in the NIH sponsored Acute Liver Failure Study Group. I am an investigator in clinical trials for patients with Wilson disease and advanced liver disease.
Extensive Research Description
I participate as an investigator in the NIH sponsored Acute Liver Failure Study Group where we have been focusing on patients with acute liver failure to advance our understanding of this uncommon disorder.
I am an investigator in clinical trials for patients with Wilson disease, including the testing of once daily use of trientine for maintenance therapy, and the novel agent WTX 101 (choline-tetrathiomolybdate).
Schilsky ML, Honiden S, Arnott L, Emre S. ICU management of acute liver failure
Clin Chest Med.30:71-87.
- Korman JD, Volenberg I, Balko J, Webster J, Schiodt FV, Lee WM, Schilsky ML. Screening for Wilson Disease in Acute Liver Failure by Serum Testing: A comparison of currently used tests. Hepatology. 48:1167-1174, 2008.
- Roberts E, Schilsky ML A practice guideline on Wilson disease. Hepatology 47:2089-2111, 2008.
- Ala A, Aliu E, Schilsky ML. Once daily trientene for maintenance therapy for Wilson disease. Dig Dis Sci 60:1433-1439.
- Ferenci P, Czlonkowska A, Stremmel W, Houwen R, Rosenberg W, Schilsky M, Jansen P, Moradpour D, Gitlin J. EASL Clinical Practice Guidelines: Wilson's disease. European Association for Study of Liver. J Hepatol. 56:671-685
- Karvellas CJ, Stravitz RT, Battenhouse H, Lee WM, Schilsky ML; for the US Acute Liver Failure Study Group. Therapeutic hypothermia in acute liver failure: A multi-center retrospective cohort analysis. Liver Transpl. 21:4-12