Bone Marrow Examination; Hemic and Lymphatic Diseases; Herpesviridae; Hodgkin Disease; Immune System Diseases; Macrophages; Monocytes; Virus Diseases; Molecular Probe Techniques; Herpesvirus 6, Human; Immunophenotyping; Virus Latency; Tumor Escape; Epstein-Barr Virus Infections
Dr. Hudnall is interested in the role of virus infection, chronic inflammation, and altered immunity in the development and progression of human cancer, and the possibility of inhibiting the progression of human cancer with the use of immuno-modulating and anti-inflammatory agents.
Extensive Research Description
Genetics of Hodgkin lymphoma
HHV-6 in Hodgkin lymphoma
Herpesvirus Prevalence and Viral Load in Healthy Adult Blood Donors by Quantitative Real Time PCR.
Hudnall SD, Chen T, Allison P, Tyring S, Heath A. Herpesvirus Prevalence and Viral Load in Healthy Adult Blood Donors by Quantitative Real Time PCR. Transfusion 48:1180-7, 2008.
Comparative Flow Immunophenotype of Hodgkin Lymphoma and Lymphoid Hyperplasia.
Hudnall SD, Betancourt E, Barnhart E, Patel J. Comparative Flow Immunophenotype of Hodgkin Lymphoma and Lymphoid Hyperplasia. Cytometry 74:1-8, 2008.
Species identification of all eight human herpesviruses with a single nested PCR assay.
Hudnall SD, Chen T, Tyring SK. Species identification of all eight human herpesviruses with a single nested PCR assay. J Virol Meth 116:19-26, 2004.
Human herpesvirus 8 seroprevalence and viral load from healthy adult blood donors.
Hudnall SD, Chen T, Rady PL, Tyring SK, Allison P. Human herpesvirus 8 seroprevalence and viral load from healthy adult blood donors. Transfusion 43:85-90, 2003.
Anatomic Mapping of Human Herpesvirus Reservoirs of Infection.
Chen T, Hudnall SD. Anatomic Mapping of Human Herpesvirus Reservoirs of Infection. Mod Path 19: 726-737, 2006.
Distribution and phenotype of Epstein-Barr virus infected cells in human pharyngeal tonsils.
Hudnall SD, Ge Y, Wei L, Yang, P, Wang H, Chen T. Distribution and phenotype of Epstein-Barr virus infected cells in human pharyngeal tonsils. Mod Path 18:519-27, 2005.
Full List of PubMed Publications
- Johnson S, Mathews S, Hudnall SD: Human herpesvirus 6 lymphadenitis in drug rash with eosinophilia and systemic symptoms syndrome: a lymphoma mimic. Histopathology. 2017 Jun; 2017 Mar 10. PMID: 28008656
- Hudnall SD, Meng H, Lozovatsky L, Li P, Strout M, Kleinstein SH: Recurrent genetic defects in classical Hodgkin lymphoma cell lines. Leuk Lymphoma. 2016 Dec; 2016 Apr 27. PMID: 27121023
- Benedict M, Hudnall SD: Lymphoplasmacytic lymphoma with prominent mast cell infiltrates. Blood. 2015 Nov 12. PMID: 26668914
- O'Malley DP, Louissaint A Jr, Vasef MA, Auerbach A, Miranda R, Brynes RK, Fedoriw Y, Hudnall SD, International Spleen Consortium.: Recommendations for gross examination and sampling of surgical specimens of the spleen. Ann Diagn Pathol. 2015 Oct; 2015 Jun 9. PMID: 26143481
- Siddon A, Lozovatsky L, Mohamed A, Hudnall SD: Human herpesvirus 6 positive Reed-Sternberg cells in nodular sclerosis Hodgkin lymphoma. Br J Haematol. 2012 Sep; 2012 Jul 4. PMID: 22757777