We understand that you are concerned about your child's well being and risk of infection. At this time, we are following the recommendations issued by the CDC.
This means we are recommending practicing everyday preventative behaviors.
- Stay home if you are sick.
- Cover coughs and sneezes.
- Frequently wash hands with soap and water.
- Clean frequently touched surfaces.
- Try to avoid contact with anyone who is sick.
Having Type 1 diabetes does not put your child at higher risk of contracting the virus however, if they do become sick it will be important to follow normal sick day guidelines. This means checking ketones regardless of blood sugar and contacting our team if ketones are present or if your child is vomiting. The on call provider can be reached at 203-785-5831, option 1.
Please review the sick day management guidelines:
JDRF also is a great resource: https://www.jdrf.org/coronavirus/