Online Videos, Lectures, and Forums
Addy Lab Videos
How Do We Find Peace in Our Anxious Moment? God, Mental Health, and COVID-19 COVID-19 has brought stress, anxiety, and pain to many. The situation has raised questions about how to continue with "normal life," despite so much of the status quo being shaken. In light of this unprecedented moment, join us for a conversation about the mental health impacts of the coronavirus pandemic and how we can be equipped to move forward, straining toward something greater than the "doom and gloom" perspective often discussed. A host of campus ministries and student organizations from UNC-Chapel Hill and Duke University are partnering to host this Virtual Veritas Forum exploring God, mental health, and our current COVID-19 moment. This year's Forum speakers are Dr. Nii Addy of Yale and Dr. Warren Kinghorn of Duke. Dr. Michelle Kirtley will be serving as the moderator.
Dr. Nii Addy discusses ways to live healthy lives as he leads others through the fear, anxiety and isolation many are experiencing.
Neuroscientist Dr. Nii Addy discusses the differences between habit and addiction, the complexities of understanding mental illness, and how his faith plays a role in his research.
- 2018 Yale Town Hall Conversation with Lecrae
- 2018 Yale Psychiatry Grand Rounds Lecture
- 2016 Veritas Forum at Emory University: God, Self, and Mental Health
- 2016 Northeast Under/graduate Research Organization for Neuroscience (NEURON): Keynote Lecture
- 2016 Yale Psychiatry Grand Rounds
- 2013 Veritas Forum at Wesleyan University: Making Sense of Mental Health
- 2013 Veritas Forum at Yale University: What Makes Us Human