Department of Neurology
Make a referral
The Department of Neurology at Yale School of Medicine is a research, teaching, and clinical center devoted to improving the understanding and treatment of diseases of the nervous system. The Department is a major part of the Yale University School of Medicine, and has active clinical programs at Yale-New Haven Medical Center, the West Haven Veterans Administration Medical Center, and Gaylord Hospital. The Department has three interrelated, equally important missions:
- Clinical care of the highest quality for individuals with diseases of the nervous system.
- Training of medical and graduate students, postdoctoral fellows and housestaff, and practicing physicians with the goal of creating leaders in neurology and neuroscience.
- Advancement of knowledge about neurological diseases via basic and clinical research programs using the most advanced methods to study the nervous system.
Our goal is to provide the highest level of patient care through state-of-the-art clinical programs, educating future leaders in the field of neurology and being at the forefront of neuroscience research. The department houses outstanding faculty, dedicated staff and excellent residents all working together at one of the world's greatest universities. The department has a long history of being a pioneer in the field of Neurology, such as establishing one of the first Epilepsy Monitoring Units and creating one of the first Stroke Centers with the West Haven Veterans Administration. Since then the department has rapidly expanded with seven major clinical divisions and multiple programs and clinics.
- Alzheimer’s Disease/Dementia and the Division of Neuro-degenerative Disorders
- ALS/Myasthenia Gravis and the Division of Neuromuscular Disorders
- Brain Tumors and the Division of Neuro-oncology
- Epilepsy and the Division of Neurophysiology
- Headache and the Division of General Neurology
- Multiple Sclerosis and the Division of Neuro-immunology
- Parkinson’s Disease and the Division of Movement Disorders
- Stroke and the Division of Vascular Neurology
- Adler Memory Clinic
- Lumbar Puncture Clinic
- Vertigo and Balance Clinic