Associate Research Scientist in Public Health (Biostatistics)
Survival data analysis, design and analysis of computer experiments, Bayesian statistics
Extensive Research Description
Dr. Gang Han's methodological research experiences lie in fields: 1, modeling time-to-event data, 2, Frequentist and Bayesian hybrid inference, and 3, the design and analysis of computer experiments. Besides his collaborative work on clinical trials, health outcome research, epidemiology, biomarker identification, and comparative effectiveness research, he has also been increasingly involved in genome studies such as next generation sequencing and SNP analysis, as well as statistical inferences based on U.S. national registration data from 1, Medicare, 2, Surveillance, Epidemiology and End Results Program (SEER), and 3, United Network for Organ Sharing(UNOS). He is a member of the American Statistical Association and the Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences.
- Han G, Santner TJ, & Rawlinson, JJ (2009). Simultaneous Determination of Calibration and Tuning Parameters. Technometrics, 51(4), 464-474.
- Han G, Schell MJ, & Kim J. (2012) Comparing Two Exponential Distributions Using the Exact Likelihood Ratio Test, Statistics in Biopharmaceutical Research, 4(4), 464-474.
- Han G, Santner TJ, Notz WI, & Bartel DL. (2009). Prediction for Computer Experiments Having Quantitative and Qualitative Input Variables. Technometrics, 51(3), 278-288.
- Han D, Han G, Marzban SS, Messina JL, Sondak VK, & Zager JS (2012). The unique clinical characteristics of melanoma diagnosed in children. Annals of Surgical Oncology, 19(2), 3888-3895.
- Lee J, Han G, Fulp WJ, & Giuliano A. (2012). Incidence Intervals for Excessive Zero Counts Data: A practical guide, Epidemiology and Infection. 140, 1087-1094.
- Joh JE, Han G, Kiluk JV, Laronga C, Khakpour N, & Lee MC (2012). Indications for Axillary Ultrasound Use in Breast Cancer Patients, Clinical Breast Cancer, 12(6):433-437.
- Strosberg JR, Cheema A, Weber J, Han G, Coppola D, & Kvols LK (2011). Prognostic Validity of a Novel American Joint Committee on Cancer Staging Classification for Pancreatic Neuroendocrine Tumors, Journal of Clinical Oncology, 29(22), 3044-3049.