A. David Paltiel MBA, PhD
Professor of Public Health (Health Policy) and of Management
Operations research; Disease simulation modeling
- The Asthma Policy Model
- Evaluating the Link Between HIV Prevention and
- Making Better Decisions: Policy Modeling for AIDS and Drug
- Cost-effectiveness of Preventing AIDS Complications
- Optimizing HIV Care in Less Developed Countries.
Professor Paltiel is an expert in the field of operations research and
disease simulation modeling. He conducts cost-effectiveness analyses on
a variety of medical technologies and public health activities. His
current research focuses on model-based evaluation of HIV/AIDS testing,
prevention, treatment, and care in vulnerable and underserved
populations in the United States and abroad. He has served as a member
of the editorial boards of both Medical Decision Making and Value in
- Walensky, R.P., Freedberg, K.A., Weinstein, M.C., and Paltiel A.D. Cost-effectiveness of HIV Screening and Care in the United States. Clinical Infectious Diseases, in press.
- Martin, E.G., Pollack, H.A., and Paltiel, A.D. Fact, Fiction, and Fairness: Resource Allocation under the Ryan White CARE Act. Health Affairs 25: 1103-1112, 2006.
- Paltiel, A.D., Walensky, R.P., Schackman, B.R., Seage, G.R., Mercincavage, L.M., Weinstein, M.C., and Freedberg, K.A. The Clinical and Preventive Value of HIV Screening: Guidance for Optimal Program Design. Annals of Internal Medicine 145: 797-806, 2006.
- Walensky, R.P. and Paltiel, A.D. Rapid HIV Testing at Home: Problem Created or Problem Solved? Annals of Internal Medicine 145: 459-462, 2006.
- Fuhlbrigge, A.L., Weiss, S.T., Kuntz, K.M., and Paltiel, A.D. Forced Expiratory Volume in 1 Second Percentage Improves the Classification of Severity among Children with Asthma. Pediatrics 118: e347-355, 2006.
- Fuhlbrigge, A.L., Bae, S.J., Weiss, S.T., Kuntz, K.M., and Paltiel, A.D. Cost-effectiveness of Inhaled Steroids in Asthma: Impact of Effect on Bone Mineral Density. Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology 117: 359-366, 2006.
- Gross, C.P., McAvay, G.J., Krumholz, H.M., Paltiel, A.D., Bhasin, D., and Tinetti, M.E. The Effect of Age and Chronic Illness on Life Expectancy after a Diagnosis of Colorectal Cancer: Implications for Screening. Annals of Internal Medicine 145: 646-653, 2006
- Paltiel, A.D., Weinstein, M.C., Kimmel, A.D., Seage, G.R., Losina, E., Zhang, H., Freedberg, K.A., and Walensky, R.P. Expanded Screening for HIV in the United States An Analysis of Cost-effectiveness. New England Journal of Medicine 352: 586-595, 2005.