Dan Jacobs, PhD '16 and Professor Yong Zhu
Students in the MS program file their applications and financial aid materials through the Graduate School.
PhD Funding Opportunities
Financial assistance is provided to all PhD students in the form of YSPH Fellowships, Teaching Fellowships, Traineeships, and Research Assistantships. All admitted PhD students are guaranteed four years of 12-month stipend and tuition support. In addition to grants and fellowships for tuition and living costs, students receive a Health Award, which covers the full cost of single-student Yale Health Plan Hospitalization/Specialty Coverage.
Some of the sources of funding for PhD students within Public Health are:
- Climate Change and Health
- Parasitology and Vector Biology Research Training Program
- The Center for Interdisciplinary Research on AIDS Pre-Doctoral Training Program funded by NIMH
- Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality Training Program in Health Services Research
- National Institute for Drug Abuse (NIDA) Training Program in Addiction, Economics and Policy
- YSPH Fellowships
- Faculty Research Grants (varies by faculty)