Robert Heimer PhD, MSc
Professor of Epidemiology (Microbial Diseases) and of Pharmacology; Director, Emerging Infections Program
Departments & Organizations
Office of International Medical Student Education
Global Health Initiative: HIV/AIDS
School of Public Health: Epidemiology of Microbial Diseases: Heimer Lab - HIV | Center for Interdisciplinary Research on AIDS | Global Health | Emerging Infections Program
Mortality and morbidity in relation to injection drug use; HIV and hepatitis C transmission; Evaluation of prevention and treatment for people who inject drugs more...
- B.A., Columbia University, 1974
- M.Sc., Yale University, 1980
- Ph.D., Yale University, 1988
- Beletsky L, Grau LE, White E, Bowman S, Heimer R. (2012) Prevalence, characteristics, and predictors of police training initiatives by US SEPs: building an evidence base for structural interventions. Drug & Alcohol Dependence, 119:145-149.
- Levina OS, Heimer R, Odinokova V, Bodanovskaya Z, Irwin KS, Niccolai LM. (2012) Sexual partners of street-based female sex workers in St. Petersburg: A model of partnership characteristics as a basis for further research. Human Organization, 71:32-43.
- Heimer R, Dasgupta N, Irwin KS, Phinney Harvey A, Givens A, Grau LE. (2012) Chronic pain, addiction severity, and misuse of opioids in Cumberland County, Maine. Addictive Behaviors, 37:346-349.