Ranjit S. Bindra MD, PhD
Assistant Professor of Therapeutic Radiology and of Pathology; Assistant Professor of Therapeutic Radiology
DNA repair; Translational research; Clinical trials with experimental therapeutics; High-throughput drug screening
- Shahbazian D, Bindra RS, Kluger HM, Glazer PM. (2013) Radiation sensitivity and sensitization in melanoma.Pigment Cell Melanoma Res. 2013 Jul 22. [Epub ahead of print]
- Bindra RS, Goglia AG, Jasin M, & Powell SN. (2013) Development of an assay to measure mutagenic non-homologous end joining repair activity in mammalian cells. Nucleic Acids Research, Apr 12. PMID: 23585275
- Bindra RS & Yahalom J. (2011) The important role of radiation therapy in early stage diffuse large B-cell lymphoma: Time to review the evidence once again. Expert Rev Anticancer Ther. 11(9):1367-78. PMID: 21929311
- Bindra RS, Glazer PM. (2007) Repression of RAD51 gene expression by E2F4/p130 complexes in hypoxia. Oncogene. 26(14): 2048-5. PMID: 17001309
- Bindra RS, Gibson SL, Meng A, Westermark U, Jasin M, Pierce AJ, Bristow RG, Classon MK, & Glazer PM. (2005) Hypoxia-induced down-regulation of BRCA1 expression by E2Fs. Cancer Res. 24, 65:11597-11604.
- Bindra RS, Schaffer PJ, Meng A, Woo J, Maseide K, Roth ME, Lizardi P, Hedley DW, Bristow RG, & Glazer PM. (2004) Down-regulation of Rad51 and decreased homologous recombination in hypoxic cancer cells. Mol Cell Biol. 24: 8504-18. PMCID: PMC516750
- Simon DB, Bindra RS, Mansfield TA, Nelson-Williams C, Mendonca E, Stone R, Schuman S, Navir A, Alpay H, Bakkaloglu A, Rodriguez-Soriano J, Morales JM, Sanjad SA, Taylor CM, Pilz D, Brem A, Trachtman H, Griswold W, Richard GA, John E, & Lifton RP. (1997) Mutations in the chloride channel gene, CLCNKB, cause Bartter’s Syndrome Type III. Nature Genetics 17: 171-178.