Daniel C. DiMaio MD, PhD
Waldemar Von Zedtwitz Professor of Genetics and Professor of Molecular Biophysics and Biochemistry and of Therapeutic Radiology; Scientific Director, Yale Cancer Center; Deputy Director, Yale Cancer Center
Departments & Organizations
Yale Combined Program in the Biological and Biomedical Sciences (BBS): Microbiology | Molecular Cell Biology, Genetics and Development | Biochemistry, Biophysics and Structural Biology
Cancer Center, Yale
Center for RNA Science and Medicine, Yale
Molecular Biophysics and Biochemistry
Therapeutic Radiology: Radiobiology
Molecular Biology of Tumor Viruses; Mechanisms of Viral Carcinogenesis; Molecular Basis of Cell Growth Regulation and Senescence; Manipulating Cells and Viruses with Artificial Transmembrane Proteins; Oncogenes; Senescence; Signal Transduction; Trans-membrane Proteins; Tumor Suppressor Genes; Virology; Virus more...
- M.D., Johns Hopkins University, 1978
- Ph.D., Johns Hopkins University, 1981
- Petti, L.M., Talbert-Slagle, K., Hochstrasser, M., and DiMaio, D. (2013) A single amino acid substitution converts a transmembrane protein activator of the platelet-derived growth factor ß receptor into an inhibitor. J. Biol. Chem. (In press) PMID:23908351
- Edwards, A.P.B., Xie, Y., Ely-Bowers, L., and DiMaio, D. (2013) Compensatory mutants of the bovine papillomavirus E5 protein and the platelet-derived growth factor ß receptor reveal a complex direct transmembrane interaction. J. Virol. 87: (In press)
- Iijima, N., Goodwin, E.C., DiMaio, D., and Iwasaki, A. (2013) High-risk human papillomavirus E6 inhibits monocyte differentiation to Langerhans cells. Virology, Jul 17. doi:pii: S0042-6822(13)00388-7. 10.1016/j.virol.2013.06.020. [Epub ahead of print] PMID: 23871219.