Brain Injuries; Cerebral Arteries; Infant; Neurosurgery; Pediatrics; Positron-Emission Tomography
Development of cerebral blood flow measurement systems for immature brain by positron emission tomography, the prevention of intraventricular and germinal matrix hemorrhage in the premature infant by basic and multicenter clinical trials, basic investigations into the adaptive mechanisms of developing brain to injury, and the development of endoscopic surgery in the very young.
Specialized Terms: Adaptation of the developing brain to injury
Extensive Research Description
Dr. Duncan's research activities have included the development of cerebral blood flow measurement systems for immature brain by positron emission tomography, the prevention of intraventricular and germinal matrix hemorrhage in the premature infant by basic and multicenter clinical trials, basic investigations into the adaptive mechanisms of developing brain to injury, and the development of endoscopic surgery in the very young
Postoperative paraplegia secondary to the use of oxidized cellulose (Surgicel)
Henry MC, Tashjian DB, Kasowski H, Duncan C, Moss RL. Postoperative paraplegia secondary to the use of oxidized cellulose (Surgicel). J Pediatr Surg. 2005 Apr;40(4):E9-11.
Retinal Hemorrhages in Accidental and Nonaccidental Injury: In Reply
Bechtel K, Stoessel K, Leventhal J, Duncan C. Retinal Hemorrhages in Accidental and Nonaccidental Injury: In Reply. Pediatrics. 2005 Jan;115(1):192
An unusual presentation of glioblastoma multiforme
Baehring J, Ogle E, Duncan C, Bannykh S. An unusual presentation of glioblastoma multiforme. J Neurooncol. 2004 Dec;70(3):341-2.
Tumors of the posterior third ventricle and pineal region: ependymoma and germinoma
Baehring J, Vives K, Duncan C, Piepmeier J, Bannykyh S. Tumors of the posterior third ventricle and pineal region: ependymoma and germinoma. J Neurooncol. 2004 Nov;70(2):273-4.
Ganglioneurocytoma of the spinal cord
Baehring J, Ogle E, Sze G, Duncan C, Bannykh S. Ganglioneurocytoma of the spinal cord. J Neurooncol. 2005 Jan;71(2):149.
Full List of PubMed Publications
- Timberlake AT, Choi J, Zaidi S, Lu Q, Nelson-Williams C, Brooks ED, Bilguvar K, Tikhonova I, Mane S, Yang JF, Sawh-Martinez R, Persing S, Zellner EG, Loring E, Chuang C, Galm A, Hashim PW, Steinbacher DM, DiLuna ML, Duncan CC, Pelphrey KA, Zhao H, Persing JA, Lifton RP: Two locus inheritance of non-syndromic midline craniosynostosis via rare SMAD6 and common BMP2 alleles. Elife. 2016 Sep 8; 2016 Sep 8. PMID: 27606499
- Brooks ED, Yang J, Beckett JS, Lacadie C, Scheinost D, Persing S, Zellner EG, Oosting D, Keifer C, Friedman HE, Wyk BV, Jou RJ, Sun H, Gary C, Duncan CC, Constable RT, Pelphrey KA, Persing JA: Normalization of brain morphology after surgery in sagittal craniosynostosis. J Neurosurg Pediatr. 2016 Apr; 2015 Dec 18. PMID: 26684766
- Quon JL, Grant RA, Huttner AJ, Duncan CC: Thoracic epidural teratoma: case report and review of the literature. Clin Med Insights Pathol. 2014 Jun 9; 2014 Jun 9. PMID: 24940089
- Omay SB, Carrión-Grant GM, Kuzmik GA, Fu M, Grant R, Schindler JL, Diluna ML, Duncan CC, Bulsara KR: Decompressive hemicraniectomy for ischemic stroke in the pediatric population. Neurosurg Rev. 2013 Jan; 2012 Aug 11. PMID: 22886322
- DiLuna ML, Levy GH, Sood S, Duncan CC: Primary myxopapillary ependymoma of the medulla: case report. Neurosurgery. 2010 Jun. PMID: 20495393
- DiLuna ML, Two AM, Levy GH, Patel T, Huttner AJ, Duncan CC, Piepmeier JM: Primary, non-exophytic, optic nerve germ cell tumors. J Neurooncol. 2009 Dec; 2009 Jun 25. PMID: 19554263
- Ment LR, Kesler S, Vohr B, Katz KH, Baumgartner H, Schneider KC, Delancy S, Silbereis J, Duncan CC, Constable RT, Makuch RW, Reiss AL: Longitudinal brain volume changes in preterm and term control subjects during late childhood and adolescence. Pediatrics. 2009 Feb. PMID: 19171615
- McEvoy SD, DiLuna ML, Baird AH, Duncan CC: Symptomatic thoracic Tarlov perineural cyst. Pediatr Neurosurg. 2009; 2009 Aug 28. PMID: 19713723
- Moliterno JA, DiLuna ML, Sood S, Roberts KE, Duncan CC: Gastric bypass: a risk factor for neural tube defects? Case report. J Neurosurg Pediatr. 2008 May. PMID: 18447680
- Ment LR, Peterson BS, Vohr B, Allan W, Schneider KC, Lacadie C, Katz KH, Maller-Kesselman J, Pugh K, Duncan CC, Makuch RW, Constable RT: Cortical recruitment patterns in children born prematurely compared with control subjects during a passive listening functional magnetic resonance imaging task. J Pediatr. 2006 Oct. PMID: 17011320
- Diluna ML, Johnson MH, Bi WL, Chiang VL, Duncan CC: Sterile ascites from a ventriculoperitoneal shunt: a case report and review of the literature. Childs Nerv Syst. 2006 Sep; 2006 Mar 16. PMID: 16541295
- Ment LR, Peterson BS, Meltzer JA, Vohr B, Allan W, Katz KH, Lacadie C, Schneider KC, Duncan CC, Makuch RW, Constable RT: A functional magnetic resonance imaging study of the long-term influences of early indomethacin exposure on language processing in the brains of prematurely born children. Pediatrics. 2006 Sep. PMID: 16950986
- Bannykh S, Ogle E, Duncan CC, Baehring J: Images in neuro-oncology. J Neurooncol. 2005 Jun. PMID: 15981103
- Ment LR, Vohr BR, Makuch RW, Westerveld M, Katz KH, Schneider KC, Duncan CC, Ehrenkranz R, Oh W, Philip AG, Scott DT, Allan WC: Prevention of intraventricular hemorrhage by indomethacin in male preterm infants. J Pediatr. 2004 Dec. PMID: 15580211
- Shin JH, Duncan CC, Persing J: Monobloc distraction: technical modification and considerations. J Craniofac Surg. 2003 Sep. PMID: 14501344
- Ment LR, Vohr B, Allan W, Katz KH, Schneider KC, Westerveld M, Duncan CC, Makuch RW: Change in cognitive function over time in very low-birth-weight infants. JAMA. 2003 Feb 12. PMID: 12585948