Diabetes Mellitus, Type 2; HIV; Tuberculosis
Public Health Interests
Social determinants of health
Obesity Research Working Group
"Give Me Some Time": Facilitators of and Barriers to Uptake of Home-based HIV Testing During Household Contact Investigation for Tuberculosis in Kampala, Uganda.
Armstrong-Hough M, Ggita J, Ayakaka I, Dowdy D, Cattamanchi A, Haberer JE, Katamba A, Davis JL. J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr. 2018 Jan 3. doi: 10.1097/QAI.0000000000001617.
Drop-out from the tuberculosis contact investigation cascade in a routine public health setting in urban Uganda: A prospective, multi-center study.
Armstrong-Hough M, Turimumahoro P, Meyer AJ, Ochom E, Babirye D, Ayakaka I, Mark D, Ggita J, Cattamanchi A, Dowdy D, Mugabe F, Fair E, Haberer JE, Katamba A, Davis JL. PLoS One. 2017 Nov 6;12(11):e0187145. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0187145.
Disparities in availability of essential medicines to treat non-communicable diseases in Uganda: a Poisson analysis using the Service Availability and Readiness Assessment
Armstrong-Hough M, Kishore S, Byakika S, Mutungi G, Nunez-Smith M, Schwartz J. PLoS One.
- The Practice of Culture: Globalization, Biomedicalization, and Type 2 Diabetes in the United States and Japan. Chapel Hill: University of North Carolina Press. In Press.
- Patterns of usage and preferences of users for tuberculosis-related text messages and voice calls in Uganda Ggita J, Ojok C, Meyer AJ, Farr K, Shete PB, Ochom E, Turimumahoro P, Babirye D, Mark D, Dowdy DW, Ackerman S, Armstrong-Hough M, Nalugwa T, Ayakaka I, Moore D, Haberer J, Cattamanchi A, Katamba A, Davis JL. (In press, 2018). The International Journal of Tuberculosis and Lung Disease.
- Performing prevention: risk, responsibility, and reorganizing the future in Japan during the H1N1 pandemic Armstrong-Hough, M. (2015). Health, Risk & Society, October 2015.
- ADHD in Japan: sociological perspectives Armstrong-Hough, M. (2017). Global Perspectives on ADHD, edited by Meredith Bergey and Peter Conrad. Baltimore: Johns Hopkins University Press.
- Disability and aging Armstrong-Hough, M. (2017). The SAGE Encyclopedia of Psychology and Gender. Thousand Oaks: SAGE.
- ’Not something easy’: a mixed-methods study of home sputum collection for tuberculosis contact investigation in Kampala, Uganda Armstrong-Hough M, Ggita J, Turimumahoro P, Meyer AJ, Ochom E, Dowdy D, Cattamanchi A, Katamba A, Davis JL. (2017). Peer J [Preprint].