Research & Publications
Dr. Rabin is an Internist and Pediatrician who joined the Yale faculty in 2011 as a member of the Section of General Internal Medicine (YSM Department of Internal Medicine), and currently serves as the Associate Director of the Office of Global Health, and the Associate Program Director for Global and Community Health in the Yale Primary Care Internal Medicine Residency Program (YPC). She attends and teaches on the medical wards at the St. Raphael's Campus (SRC) of Yale-New Haven Hospital; directs care and precepts residents in the SRC Adult Primary Care Diabetes Clinic; co-directs the YPC Community Engagement Curriculum; directs the YPC Home Visit Elective; and co-directs the Makerere University-Yale University (MUYU) medical education capacity building collaboration which is based at the Makerere University College of Health Sciences/Mulago National Referral & Teaching Hospital in Kampala, Uganda.
Her areas of academic interest include global health education and clinical ethics, outpatient diabetes management, and health care transitions.
Education & Training
- MDUniv of Rochester School of Medicine & Dentistry (2006)
- MSHarvard University School of Public Health (2000)
- BACollege of William and Mary (1997)
- Global Health Chief ResidentYale University Primary Care Program
- Med-Peds Chief Resident, Internal Medicine & Pediatrics Combined ResidencyYale University
- ResidentYale University
- Board CertificationAB of Internal Medicine, Internal Medicine (2010)
- Board CertificationAB of Pediatrics, Pediatrics (2011, recertified: 2017)
- Uganda Initiative for Integrated Management of Non-Communicable Diseases (UINCD)Kampala, Uganda 2013Founding Member (2013-2014) and Member of the Governing Board (2014-present); mission is to build capacity in the realms of prevention, care, training, and research to enable the provision of effective and integrated care along the NCD management spectrum.
- Co-Director, Makerere University-Yale University (MUYU) CollaborationKampala, Uganda 2011MUYU Co-Director, Yale (2011-present); bilateral medical education capacity building collaboration
Honors & Recognition
|Scholar||Society of General Internal Medicine (SGIM) TEACH Certificate Program||2017|
|Fellow||American College of Physicians||2015|
|Fellow||American Academy of Pediatrics||2012|
|Advocacy Grant Award Recipient||National Med-Peds Resident Association||2008|
|Global Health Scholar||Yale Johnson & Johnson Physician Scholars in International Health Program||2008|
|Member, Gold Humanism Honor Society||University of Rochester School of Medicine & Dentistry||2006|
|MD with Distinction in Community Service||University of Rochester School of Medicine & Dentistry||2006|
|Rudolph Angell Award||University of Rochester School of Medicine & Dentistry||2006|
|BA with High Honors||College of William & Mary||1997|