Research & Publications
Dr. Schonberger's clinical work is in the Section of Cardiac Anesthesia where he cares for patients undergoing cardiothoracic procedures at Yale-New Haven Hospital. In his NIH-funded research, he studies the role of anesthesiologists in improving longitudinal cardiovascular risk-factor recognition and treatment among surgical patients. Other interests include 1) novel methods of extra corporeal circulation, 2) clinical informatics, and 3) methods of reducing and treating microembolic events in several clinical scenarios including cardiopulmonary bypass, ECMO, and decompression sickness. Dr. Schonberger is also the site PI for Yale's participation in the Multicenter Perioperative Outcomes Group (MPOG) consortium.
Education & Training
- MHSYale School of Medicine, Informatics (2016)
- MDYale School of Medicine (2006)
- FellowYale School of Medicine
- ResidentYale School of Medicine
- Board CertificationAB of Anesthesiology, Anesthesiology (2011)