The Gut-brain Axis: a Novel Target for Treating Behavioral Alterations in Obesity (CIDO OEA)
Mental Health & Behavioral Research | Obesity & Weight Control
What is the purpose of this trial?
The aims of this project are to determine if dietary supplementation with NOPE-EGCG (PhosphoLeantm, 30mg NOPE+20mg EGCG per capsule) can:
- rescue striatal function,
- increase adherence to a diet,
- reduce weight-gain after a diet,
- improve performance on impulsivity, go/no-go tasks, and negative outcome learning, and
- shift fat and sweet preference in overweight/obese human subjects in a double-blind cross-over design.
- Ages18 years - 45 years
- Trial withYale University School of Medicine
- Start Date11/11/2013
- End Date10/15/2017
- Last Updated07/15/2021
- Study HIC#1308012537