The YCCI Clinical Research Training Program is committed to providing support to facilitate the highest possible quality in clinical research. We provide training opportunities for faculty and research staff to ensure that research is carried out appropriately and efficiently. Our educational offerings include professional development for faculty, research nurses, coordinators, data managers, and regulatory, administrative and financial staff involved in clinical research.
We maintain broad-based information on federal, state, local and institutional requirements needed to initiate and manage clinical research, including all regulatory requirements, detailed knowledge about specifics for implementing research at Yale and affiliated sites, and a robust system for educating and updating those involved in clinical and translational research about compliance and regulatory requirements and procedures. In addition, our program is designed to help educate research staff on resolving problems encountered in their work environment as they arise.
Our courses are open to all faculty and clinical research support staff, whether an employee is new to Yale or is seeking a refresher or update on fundamental topics or best practices. Our offerings include:
- Faculty Dinner Series: This quarterly dinner series focuses on current issues and trends related to investigator responsibilities and opportunities for improved performance in clinical research.
- Good Clinical Practice Training (GCP): GCP training is now required by many sponsors before initiating a trial. Twice a year, YCCI hosts Face-to-Face GCP training, presented by qualified and experienced GCP instructors. Online GCP training modules from the Collaborative Institutional Training Initiative (CITI) are available here. They provide an understanding of GCP concepts, including what is required and why.
- Introduction to Conducting Clinical Research at Yale: This on-boarding course is intended for coordinators that are new to Yale.
- Coffee and Conversation: Open to all Yale research staff, these monthly scheduled sessions cover topics related to the logistics of clinical research. The schedule is modified as needed to address current issues relevant to research staff.
- Lunch and Learn: These monthly sessions are open to all Yale research staff and address broader research issues that are relevant to the research community. The schedule is modified as needed to address current topics that arise.
- SoCRA: The Society of Clinical Research Associates (SoCRA) prep course and certification exam are hosted by YCCI twice a year.
- Research Practitioner: YCCI has an institutional subscription to Research Practitioner published six times a year and includes CNE activities. This journal is dedicated to the research coordinator and is available online to all staff.
- Training Portal: The training portal contains past training sessions and requires Yale access. If you have difficulty accessing this page or are interested in a training that is not posted, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additional training or workshops related to specific requested topics are available for small and large groups. To request a session or workshop, please contact email@example.com.
Please visit the HRPP website for additional training opportunities.
For questions related to training, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.