YCCI Outpatient Facility
The Church Street Research Unit (CSRU)accommodates less invasive outpatient studies involving blood draws, ECGs, physical and neurocognitive exams, as well as oral glucose and mixed meal tolerance testing. The newly renovated facility features a patient waiting area with a securely staffed clinic and lab area.
The unit provides a pleasant environment conducive to clinical research and it is conveniently located near I-95 and I-91 in close proximity to the Yale University School of Medicine and School of Nursing. Accessible parking is located adjacent to the building with reasonable rates.
- We offer six private exam rooms, each equipped with an examination table, television, and ECG access. Additionally, a dedicated maternal fetal medicine exam room has ultrasound capability. One private consult room is suitable for obtaining patient consent, consultations, interviews, and survey-based research studies. The consult room can also accommodate telehealth visits, Zoom and Skype meetings. The patient waiting area is equipped with a television and Wi-Fi access to promote a relaxing environment.
- Five infusion bays are available, each with a reclining chair and television. Adjacent to the infusion bays, a large work table/space can accommodate clinicians and research support staff. An additional phlebotomy bay can accommodate research visits only requiring lab work.
- Light snacks are provided. Arrangements can be made for meals, if needed.
- Blood processing and access to core lab services.
- Our research lab is equipped with ambient and refrigerated multi-speed centrifuges as well as hematocrit and HbA1C analyzers. We have limited short-term storage in -20 and -80-degree centigrade freezers on the unit and longer term off-site storage, if needed.
- The outpatient research unit is staffed with a full-time nurse, nurse practitioners, and a bilingual medical assistant to assist investigators in conducting studies. Space is also available for researchers providing their own research staff.
Newly renovated Church Street Research Unit
8:30 AM to 5:00 PM
Extended hours are available upon request. This includes early morning appointments for fasting studies and extended hours for study visits requiring longer durations.