YCCI supports both an inpatient unit at Yale-New Haven Hospital and an outpatient unit located at 2 Church Street South, in the same building as YCCI’s Office of Research Services. The skilled nursing staff and state-of-the-art equipment of the Hospital Research Unit support moderate and high risk studies, while the easy access and attractive environment of the Outpatient Facility provide an ideal setting for minimal and low risk studies.
- Fill out and submit the electronic intake form via the following link: YCCI Intake Form
- We review the protocol for HRU/CSRU feasibility.
- Once approved, you will be sent a YCCI approval letter to include in your HIC submission.
- Once IRB approval is received, you MUST send the approved documents to email@example.com.
- A formal approval notification is sent to all involved parties in YCCI. This is the green light to begin work on the study.
- At this point, an HRU/CSRU staff member is assigned to work on the study and that person will help to arrange an in service, etc.
- MD orders must be created and submitted to Sara Gesner AS SOON AS POSSIBLE, so they can get built into EPIC. We cannot begin to see patients until the orders are built. There is approximate 3 week turnaround time from receipt of orders to the orders being available in EPIC. The protocol MD will receive an email from Nelly Maki, requesting that the orders be VERIFIED by the MD. Once this is done, the orders will be put in place and ready for use. If studies are taking place at the CSRU, please send orders to Irene Matos.