What is the purpose of this trial?
- To compare the progression-free survival (PFS) in patients with previously untreated low grade glioma (LGG) among patients with and without NF-1 utilizing two carboplatin containing regimens; carboplatin/vincristine (SOC) versus single agent carboplatin(research).
- To compare the quality of life of children and young adults with LGG treated with carboplatin versus carboplatin and vincristine
- To estimate tumor response rates to each regimen of chemotherapy.
- To determine toxicity of each regimen.
- To assess the associations that BRAF mutations have on clinical outcomes.
- To assess aberrations found through whole exome and RNA sequencing and correlate with clinical outcome.
Ages: 21 years and younger
Ann and Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago
Start Date: 07/09/2015
End Date: 04/01/2020
Last Updated: 06/22/2018
Study HIC#: 1504015591