Apply for an Undergraduate Creative Fellowship
How can visual thinking tell a better story?
The Women’s Health Research at Yale Undergraduate Creative Fellowship provides an enriching experience for a student who is actively pursuing a career in digital marketing, social media, graphic design, or the creative arts. The fellowship’s project-based focus is tailored to align with the individual student’s interests while also serving the mission of the center.
The fellow will work alongside the center staff and will be immersed in the “in-house” creative production approach to branding, design, and media development.
Possible projects include:
- Collaborating with WHRY Undergraduate Research Fellows to develop multimedia works that depict scientific advancement
- Developing a comprehensive social media campaign that aligns with the center’s mission
- Designing print collateral and marketing tools that effectively communicate the center’s work in advancing science and research
Ideal Candidates will:
- Demonstrate a strong foundational understanding of design principles and the production process
- Enthusiastically consider target audience and context to elevate messaging and focus on clear communication
- Be willing to work both independently and collaboratively with peers and mentors
Fellowship Responsibilities and Requirements
- Fellowships are offered during the academic year
- Fellows will be asked to commit a minimum of six hours per week to the program
- Applicants must be actively enrolled undergraduate students in Yale College majoring in Art, Computing and the Arts, Film and Media Studies, or other related fields
These are unpaid fellowships.
How to Apply
To apply, please prepare the following application materials in PDF format:
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Statement of interest in women's health, sex and gender differences, or interdisciplinary collaboration
- Transcript (can be unofficial)
- PDF portfolio or website URL with 5 samples of your best creative work. Campaigns or series count as one project. All media formats welcome (video, still image, interactive)
The current application cycle is closed.
New information will be posted January 2020.
After the application deadline closes, a member of our staff will be in direct contact with applicants regarding next steps.
Qualified applicants will be invited to a group interview session in February – April. Notice of final decisions and accepted applications will be distributed in May.
Key Dates for 2019
- January 14, 2019: Next application cycle opens
- March 1, 2019: Application deadline
March – April 2018: Group interviews
- May 2019: Decision notices
- Fall 2019: Fellowships begin