Pilot Project Awards (direct costs only)
- WHRY offers up to $35,000 in funding for women’s health research designed to meet a clear need in advancing women’s health.
- WHRY offers up to $50,000 for women’s health research in the areas of depression, Alzheimer’s disease, and other brain-based conditions such as autism spectrum disorder; cancers, especially endometrial cancer; or autoimmune disorders, particularly thyroid disease.
- WHRY offers The Wendy U. & Thomas C. Naratil Pioneer Award of up to $50,000 for either new, highly inventive research in women’s health or work to achieve a major breakthrough in ongoing research where funding is needed to achieve its aims.
Before you begin
Letter of intent requirements
Our application process begins with a request for Letters of Intent. A full application will be requested from investigators whose projects are consistent with Women’s Health Research at Yale funding interests as outlined in the Pilot Project Program overview.
- Be typewritten, double spaced, 11-point Arial font, with one-inch margins.
- Provide a descriptive title (not to exceed 60 characters with spaces) for the proposed project, the name and title of the principal investigator and other key personnel at the top of the letter.
- Provide a summary of the project, specific aims, the timeframe needed to achieve the aims, and a proposed budget amount (total), in a maximum of 500 words.
- Include a statement within the word limit above, indicating how findings would have practical value for the health of women.
- Include the applicant’s signature, address, telephone and fax numbers, and email address.
- Include a new revised NIH Biosketch OMB No. 0925 (Rev. 11/16 Approved Through 10/31/2018) with a Personal Statement of the PI’s experience and interest as it relates to the proposed project.
- Indicate application is for the general Annual Pilot Project Award ($35,000 maximum), area-specific Pilot Project Award ($50,000 maximum), or the Wendy U. & Thomas C. Naratil Pioneer Award ($50,000 maximum).
All Yale Ladder Faculty are eligible to apply. Investigators outside the Yale community are invited to collaborate with Yale or Yale-affiliated principal investigators.
- Convert your signed Letter of Intent into a PDF file and save it as “lastname_LOI_FY2019”
- Send your letter as an email attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org, addressed to: Grant and Finance Administrator, Women’s Health Research at Yale, 135 College Street, Ste 220, New Haven, CT 06510.
Faxes will not be accepted.
|October 25, 2018||Letters of Intent due|
|Mid-November 2018||Invitations for full application|
|January 7, 2019||Full applications due|
|June 2019||Awards announced|
|July 1, 2019||Funded projects begin|