What You Will Learn
- How to create and insert an organized list of summary views on your page
- How to make the views within the list click through to the pages that contain the full view
- Insert Content components into a List component. These Content components must already have text entered in the "Introduction text for summaries" field, and if images are to be included, "Image displays in summary views."
- Insert the List component onto a page and select a "Content Summary List" or "Content Summary List with Overlay" template from the menu; examples are below.
- In order to link to the full text, the content components in the list must be published using the Content Full template on separate pages.
- Content Summary List
- To create a Summary List, the first step is to create all of the Content components (which are later published onto a full page) that you want to be featured within the list. Begin to create your Content components. To learn how to do this, visit the "Add Text" section.
- Just like other Summary View components, you must enter text in the "Introduction text for summaries (Not shown in full view)" field. Typically, this introductory text is the first sentence or so of the first paragraph you'll enter in "Text and Tables." If you do not have introductory text, insert text that would be suitable for an introduction.
- In the "Image displays in summary views" field, click the button that has folder and magnifying glass, and select the image that you want to be featured in the summary list. This image can also be used in the full component, but then you must also attach the image in the "Image" field below "Text and tables." To learn more about images, please visit the "Images" section.
- Once you're done entering text and images into your component, hit "Save & Close" in the home tab. Repeat steps 1-3 for each component as needed.
Creating the Summary List:
- Now that you have created or edited your Content Components, you will need to create a "List Component." Click on "Create New Component" in the Create tab.
- Select "List" from the Schema drop down menu.
- You will see a field called "List element," select the folder/magnifying glass button and select each of the content components that you created and/or edited and want to feature within the list of summary views. To add components, click the green (+) underneath the field name.
- Once your list of components is complete, hit "Save & Close."
- Next, go to the root folder of your website.
- If you created new content components, first publish new pages that include these components with the "Content Full" template. Summary Lists, like Summary Views, will not work unless the component is published in full elsewhere!
- If you edited content components to include text in the "Introduction text for summaries (Not shown in full view), also republish the pages that include these components.
- Then insert the list you've just created onto the page that you want to include the summary list. In the "Component template" drop down menu, you have two templates to choose from. The template options include:
- Content Summary List
- Content Summary List with Overlay
- When you're finished, remember to hit "Save & Close." You're now ready to publish your page.
NOTE: As long as you've correctly published the components onto their own pages (the same component must be used on the separate page and within the summary list), Tridion will automatically link the boxes to their corresponding pages. You do not need to do any "linking."