By using a Content Summary Template, you can include a brief introductory paragraph from one component/page and feature the same component in full on a separate page. These templates are particularly useful when trying to direct visitors to specific sections of your site.
What You Will Learn
- How to create and insert a summary view of one page onto another page
- How to link this summary view to the page that contains the full view
- Create or edit a Content component to include text in the "Introduction text" field and, if desired, add an image to the "Image displays in summary" field.
- Insert the Content component onto page as "Content Summary" or "Content Summary Overlay" and publish.
- Use the same component with the template "Content Full" on another page and publish.
- Example of of ALL Content Summary Options
- To start, you can create a "Content Summary" by either editing an existing Content component or by creating a new content component. To learn how to create a new content component that features text, visit the "Add Text" section.
- Keep the component open. Copy text from one of the paragraphs that would be suitable for introductory-type text and paste this into the "Introduction text for summaries (Not shown in full view)" field. If none of your paragraphs have text that work as an introduction, create new text that briefly summarizes the point of your content.
- Summary Views give you the option to also include an image. In the "Image displays in summary views" field, select an image you want to be displayed with the summary. This image will only be featured when the component is used as a Content Summary.
- Once you've completed the component, remember to click on "Save & Close" in the home tab.
- Determine where in your site you want to feature a brief review of this content and open the corresponding page in your root folder.
- Click the "Component Presentations" tab at the top of the page, and click "Insert" at the bottom.
- Select the component you've just created or edited, and in the "Component Template" drop down menu, select "Content Summary or Content Summary Overlay."
- Too add more than one Content Summary, repeat step 7 for each Content Component that you want to link to.
- Remember to hit "Save & Close" in the Home tab.
- To publish:
- If the component you used is part of a page that has already been published, you can now publish the page that you just inserted the Content Summary template into.
- If this is a new component that does not exist elsewhere, you must also create a separate page for this component to live in. This page must also be published. To learn how to build a page, see our introductory user guide.