The Link schema can be used to create buttons, an easy and quick way to create a prominent link on your page. The button can either be a component link, a multimedia link, or a standard URL link.
- Link to a webpage
- Link to Multimedia
Link to a webpage
To create a button for a link to a URL or component:
- Create a New Component in your Building Blocks folder and select "Link" from the schema drop-down menu.
- Link Title:This field represents the text that will appear in your button. Enter short text that quickly grabs visitors' attention.
- Componentlink: Use this field if you are linking to a page within your own publication. Select the yellow folder with the magnifying glass and choose the component that is inserted on the published page to link to.
- URL for the link: Use this field if you are linking to a page outside of your publication. Click the the hyperlink button to the right and enter the URL in the "URL" field.
- Icon: Choose an icon to display in the button from the list of preset options.
- Save & Close.
- Open the Root folder of your publication and the page you want to insert a button. In the component presentations tab, insert your button and select "Button (Side Column)" or "Button with Detail" from the template drop-down menu.
- Save & Close the page, then publish.