- How to add and/or edit organization information in the faculty profile system
- How to use organization information in the faculty profile system to create Google maps for your page
- Create GoogleMap component and fill in information, including correct Organization or Location ID
- Insert component onto page as "GoogleMap with no sidebar," "GoogleMap with sidebar (for multiple locations)," or "GoogleMap with search" template
Website editors can create a map with a single location or the locations associated with an organization from the Faculty Profile System. There are three map layouts that can be used on a content page:
- A list of locations listed in a sidebar of the map
- A list of locations associated with a YSM organization plotted on the map
- A map with a search bar
Adding and/or Editing a Location in the Faculty Profile System
Before creating a map in Tridion, you must first add the location information for your organization in the Faculty Profile System. All data that is mapped on a Tridion website is pulled directly from the Faculty Profile System.
- Go to profile.yale.edu and enter your log-in information.
- Click "Organizations" at the top.
- You'll see a list of organizations, click the organization that you want to add or edit location information.
- On the organization's page, click "Contacts & Location" in the left navigation.
- In the "Locations" section of this page, you can either edit current locations or add additional locations.
- To edit an existing location, click the "Edit" button below the location. In the popup, edit the information and click "Update".
- To add another location, click "Add a location". Select a location from the drop down menu and then add customized information about the location. Click "Update" when finished. If your location is not in the list, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the name of the building and its address and we'll process it.
- You will need to make note of the Organization ID or Building ID.
Creating a Map in Tridion
- In your Building Blocks folder, create a Map folder, and then create a new component using the GoogleMap schema.
- What is entered in the "Title" field will display above the map on the page.
- Insert the Organization ID or the Location ID in the "ID for locations(s)" field.
- Select the "Feed Type"
- Select "Location" if you only want to display a single location (if you used a Building ID in the ID field).
- Select "Organization" if you want to show all locations associated to a specific organization (if you used an Organization ID in the ID field).
- Save & Close your component.
- Go into your Root folder and open the Structure Group and page for where you want to include your GoogleMap. GoogleMaps can be inserted onto any page as long as there is content on it.
- Insert the "GoogleMap" component and select one of the following templates:
- GoogleMap with no sidebar: This will plot the locations on a map with all information about the locations displayed in a popup overlay on the map.
- GoogleMap with sidebar (for multiple locations): This will plot the locations on a map and list them below the map.
- GoogleMap with search
- Save & Close, then publish!