- How to edit and display different types of calendars
- Choose a display template (weekly view, agenda view, date selector, or list of events)
- Select future or past display options, adjust number of events and days to display
- If desired, add Keywords to filter the events displayed
The Web Group frequently receives requests for assistance with inserting and/or editing calendars. While we provide instructions for how to implement a calendar on your site, we do not edit the content on your organization's calendar, such as editing existing events.
The instructions below are for setting up calendars via SDL and tools.medicine.yale.edu. No new calendars are being created at this time as we are rebuilding this functionality in the News & Profile System. However, you may continue using these instructions to modify any existing calendar(s) you may have.
Using the Calendar Schema
- Choose a display Template from the dropdown menu. Examples of each option are:
- Select if you would like this calendar to display events from the Future or from the Past. Most calendars should use Future, the Past option is only to display an archive of past events.
- The field for Number of events to display will be pre-populated with 10, change this to display more or less events based on your departments calendared items.
- The field for Number of days to display will be pre-populated with 30 days, this can be adjusted (to show all events in the next year just enter 365).
- If you are using a calendar alias and that calendar uses keywords, the Keywords to Display field allows you to limit this calendar to display ONLY items tagged with those keywords. You can add or remove additional keywords using the green addition symbol or red "X" to the left of the field.
- Click Save & Close in the Home tab.
- On the page where you'd like to add the calendar, click Insert in the Component Presentations tab.
- Locate and select the Calendar schema component you just created.
- Select either the “Calendar #side" or "Calendar Main Column” for the Component template, Main Column will display in the center column and #side will display in the left column.
- Click save and close, then publish the page.