There are several different schemas (types of components) that allow you to put basic text content on a page. The most common schema is the "Content" component, which provides you with a variety of options to display text. Content components are used to insert paragraphs onto a page, and is where you will make the majority of your text edits.
This section will cover how to add basic text, how to add more complex text formats, and how to add text structures to your page.
- How to insert create and insert text onto your page
- How to create and insert paragraphs onto your page
- Create a Content Component
- Insert component onto page as "Content Full" template
- Once you're in the Building Blocks folder of your respective website, select "Create New Component" in the navigation bar and then select "Content" from the "Schema" drop down menu.
- In the "Name" field, enter a name that best matches the nature of the text you will enter. The name you enter here will not be displayed on your page, this name is solely for filing purposes.
Creating a Paragraph:
- The Title field is where you enter a title for your page.
- The Subtitle field is not always necessary, but if text is entered here a subtitle will appear directly under the Title in slightly smaller font.
- Introduction text for summaries and Image displays in summary views fields are optional fields. They are discussed in the Summary Templates section.
- You will see a section called Paragraph: this is where all body text will be entered. Enter a Paragraph heading and proceed to insert the body text in the Text and Tables section. You must enter text in the "Text and tables" section for this type of component in order to save.
- Note: You do not always have to enter a Title or a Paragraph Heading, but if your page will feature multiple paragraphs, we recommend inserting both so that your viewers can clearly and easily identify the content of your page.
- Once you've finished inserting your paragraph(s), click Save & Close in the Home tab. The component is ready to be inserted onto a page in your root folder.
- In the component presentations tab of your page, click Insert. Your Building Blocks folder will pop up, select the component you created, and in the Component Template drop down menu to the right, select Content Full. Hit save and close, and your read to publish.
Creating Multiple Paragraphs:
- If you have multiple paragraphs that you would like to include on a single page, it's best to separate these paragraphs by using multiple "Texts and tables" sections.
- To create an additional paragraph within the same content component you've been working on, select the green (+) to the left of "Paragraph heading." An additional section will appear below the first paragraph you created. Again, you must enter information in the "Text and tables" section. If you no longer want to create a new paragraph, be sure to select the red (X) to delete the section from the component.
- Once you've finished inserting your paragraph(s), click on "Save & Close" in the Home tab. The component is ready to be inserted onto a page in your root folder.
- In the "component presentations" tab of your page, click "Insert". Your Building Blocks folder will pop up, select the component you created, and in the "Component Template" drop down menu to the right, select "Content Full." Hit save and close, and you're ready to publish.
- How to create and insert page titles (also considered "headlines") on your page
- Create Page Title component
- Insert onto page as "Content Full" template
Page Title components are most often used when your page has limited and/or no text, but features multimedia content like image or video galleries. They can also be used within a page when you want to break up text from multimedia content inserted in the center area of the page.
Creating a Page Title component is simple. Select "Create New Component," and choose "Page Title" from the schema drop down menu. Enter the title of your page. Hit Save & Close. When you're ready to insert this on your page, choose "Content Full" from the template drop down menu. Make sure that your page title is listed in the order that you want it to appear on your page!