Research & Publications
Dr Atsuko Yamahiro received her Medical and Master in Public Health degrees from Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine in Chicago, IL. Her postgraduate training includes residency and chief residency at the Yale Internal Medicine/Primary Care program in the HIV Training Track.
She worked as an Associate Program Director for Ambulatory Education at the Internal Medicine Residency Program at MetroHealth System in Cleveland, OH prior to returning to Connecticut. She joined the Yale Waterbury Internal Medicine Residency Program faculty in 2019. She works as primary care physician at Chase Clinic, where she cares for patients living with HIV.
Education & Training
- Chief ResidentYale School of Medicine (2017)
- ResidencyYale New Haven Hospital, Primary Care, HIV Training Track (2016)
- MPHNorthwestern University The Feinberg School of Med, School of Public Health (2013)
- MDNorthwestern University The Feinberg School of Med (2013)
- BACornell University (2008)
Honors & Recognition
|Ambulatory Teaching Award||MetroHealth System, Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine||2019|
|Ralph I. Horwitz Research in Residency Award||Yale Internal Medicine Residency Program||2016|
|Noel A. DeBacker, MD Primary Care Scholarship Award||Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University||2013|
|American Academy of HIV Medicine||HIV Certification Exam Test Question Writer and Reviewer||2021 - Present|