In the News and People Profile System, there are two kinds of titles:
- Academic titles, such as Associate Professor. These are imported from the Yale Human Resources system of record, WorkDay.
- All other titles, such as administrative titles. These are manually entered in the News and People Profile System.
- The Business Title field for most faculty and other academic appointees will be auto-updated so that the title follows the standard algorithm for Academic Titles. In WorkDay, the Business Title field is on the Job Tab under Job Details.
- If a Job Change business process or other business process involving the Position are in flux, the Blender will not update the business title due to the pending processes.
- University Officers are NOT pulled into the Title Blender.
- If an individual does NOT have an academic appointment, a Business Title cannot be generated.
- Only Primary, Fully Joint, Co-terminous Primary and/or Named Professorships are pulled into the Title Blender. Dual appointments (e.g., Department Chair, School Dean, etc), are NOT pulled into the title algorithm.
- To see where the Title Blender updated a business title, in WorkDay from the Worker History, look for an Edit Position business process. The Person listed in the initiation field is the name of the integration - “YUHR – I1154…"
- The Business Title gets pulled into the Identity IQ (IIQ) system and fed to the On-line Directory.