Abstract Submission Guidelines
Request for Abstracts for Posters and Oral Presentations
Yale faculty, residents, fellows, students, and staff are invited to submit abstracts for posters and/or oral presentations about their educational projects. Categories for both posters and oral presentations are:
- Medical Education Research
- Innovation in Education
The term “medical education” is used broadly and refers to the education of all types of health professionals. We actively encourage submissions from colleagues in the School of Medicine, Physician Associate Program, Physician Assistant Online Program, School of Nursing, School of Public Health, and beyond. Topics may include (but are not limited to) teaching, curriculum, assessment, mentoring, and/or educational leadership.
We encourage submitting abstracts for presentations that will be newly developed for Med Ed Day at Yale, as well as those that have been previously submitted or presented at other meetings.
When you submit your abstract, please indicate whether you would like your project to be considered for (1) a poster presentation, (2) an oral presentation, or (3) either a poster or an oral presentation. Please note: projects will be accepted either as posters presentations or oral presentations, not both.
Poster presenters are expected to prepare an academic poster that communicates a medical education research project or educational innovation through images and text. Accepted posters will be on display beginning on Med Ed Day, June 2 through June 13, 2022 and are accessible to everyone with a Yale NetID and password. Poster presenters are expected to be available during that time to answer questions and read comments left by those viewing their work.
In addition to showcasing posters at Med Ed Day, we will feature a small number of oral presentations. These 10-minute presentations will consist of an overview of a medical education innovation or research project, followed by a brief Q&A. Time limits will be strictly administered by the session moderator. Presenters should plan to be available on June 2, 2022 from 2:30-3:45pm. If your project is accepted, you will be notified of your assigned time slot within this time range.
Submit an Abstract
Poster and oral presentation abstract submission form (link to Qualtrics)
Your abstract should not exceed 500 words and must include the following sections:
- Title (does not count towards word count)
- Methods (research methods or innovation approach)
- Results and Conclusions (research results or innovation impact)
- References (optional, up to five; does not count towards word count)
- Deadline for Oral Presentation Abstract Submissions: Friday, March 4, 2022 by 11:59pm Eastern
- Decisions to accepted oral presentations no later than Friday, March 18 2022
- Deadline for Poster Abstract Submissions: Friday, March 25, 2022 by 11:59pm Eastern
- Decisions to accepted poster presentations but no later than: Friday, April 8, 2022
- Deadline for submission of accepted poster PDFs: Thursday, May 5, 2022 by 11:59pm Eastern