Research & Publications
Dr. Lui is board certified in general surgery and in surgical critical care by the American Board of Surgery. His clinical interests include trauma, surgical critical care, emergency and elective general surgery, re-operative surgery, sepsis and resuscitation, and shock. His research interests include shock physiology, resuscitation in trauma, pediatric trauma, and surgical infections, including necrotizing soft tissue infections, surgical education and bioethical issues in medicine.
He is certified in and is an instructor of Advanced Trauma Life Support and Advanced Trauma Operative Management. He is also certified in Advanced Cardiac Life Support and Pediatric Advanced Life Support.
Dr. Lui earned his undergraduate degrees in Biomedical Ethics and Biology and his medical degree from Brown University. He completed his residency in general surgery at Berkshire Medical Center, University of Massachusetts School of Medicine in Pittsfield, and was fellowship trained in trauma and surgical critical care at R Adams Cowley Shock Trauma Center, University of Maryland Medical School in Baltimore. He is an Associate Professor at Yale School of Medicine Department of Surgery (Trauma).
Dr. Lui is a member of the following organizations: Eastern Association for the Surgery of Trauma, Society for Critical Care Medicine, Surgical Infection Society, Association for Surgical Education, Connecticut Committee on Trauma, Connecticut chapter of the American College of Surgeons, and Association for Academic Surgery. He is a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons.
Education & Training
- FellowR Adams Cowley Shock Trauma Center, University of Maryland Medical School (2006)
- Chief ResidentBerkshire Medical Center, University of Massachusetts, Pittsfield, MA (2005)
- ResidentBerkshire Medical Center, University of Massachusetts, Pittsfield, MA (2004)
- InternBerkshire Medical Center, University of Massachusetts, PIttsfield, MA (2000)
- MDBrown University (1999)
- BABrown University, Biology (1995)
- Eastern Association for the Surgery of Trauma2006Eastern Association for the Surgery of Trauma
Honors & Recognition
|Certificate of Appreciation||Yale New Haven Transplantation Center, New Haven, CT||2008|
|Berkshire Health Systems Trauma Service Award||Berkshire Health Systems||2005|
|Robert J. Tracy Award for Vascular Surgery||2005|