Office of Team Science
The mission of the Office of Team Science (OTS) is to provide infrastructure to support the development, organization, and submission of large, multi-component, interdisciplinary grant proposals. OTS will support teams of investigators to address major questions in basic, clinical, and translational science and partner with them on grant submissions to obtain federal funding for sustainable support for these projects.
OTS seeks to mitigate many of the current barriers to collaborative science by reducing the administrative burden of the proposal process and bringing together potential collaborators with common interests by
- Identifying teams of collaborative scientists pursuing research centered around a common goal;
- Identifying appropriate funding mechanisms (e.g., NIH P or U series and comparable federal or non-federal opportunities);
- Coordinating application development, organization, and submission;
- Providing application writing, editing, and formatting assistance;
- Managing the Promotion of Interdisciplinary Team Science (POINTS) pilot project program to provide seed money to teams interested in pursuing collaborative funding opportunities;
- Implementing a studio review process for investigators in the early stages of proposal development.
The long-term goals of this office are to increase and diversify the NIH funding portfolio, foster an increasingly collaborative scientific environment, and strengthen the YSM pre-award administrative infrastructure.