Research & Publications
Clinical and Translational Research in Virology and Infectious Diseases, currently focused on SARS-CoV-2 and immune responses to mRNA vaccines against SARS-CoV-2.
Extensive Research Description
Dr. Gupta has extensive experience in viral variants and mutations that impact clinical outcomes of viral diseases. Her research work has ranged from investigation of minority resistant variants of HIV and the management of treatment-experienced HIV+ individuals, to evaluation of clinical outcomes among multidrug resistant HIV+ individuals, patients co-infected with HIV and viral Hepatitis, and individuals with bacterial pyogenic arthritis. She has written on rapid diagnostic platforms for bloodstream infections, and has been conducting research on DEI-related perceptions in healthcare settings. Since the onset of COVID-19 pandemic, her research has been focused on evaluating genomic and immunological interplay of SARS-CoV-2. She has been conducting epidemiologic and outcomes analyses on veterans diagnosed with COVID-19 across the six New England states through her active clinical and virologic repository, including dynamic evaluation of SARS-CoV-2 variants. She has also been conducting research into the clinical and demographic correlations of vaccine-generated immune responses.
- Zika Virus Epidemic through the Americas: Epidemiology, Clinical Guidelines and a Review of New Developments.Gupta S, Martinello RA. Zika Virus Epidemic through the Americas: Epidemiology, Clinical Guidelines and a Review of New Developments. CT Medicine 2017, 81:487-497.
- One Physician’s Unusual Dilemma.Holleck, JL, and Gupta S. One Physician’s Unusual Dilemma. Journal of Virology and Emerging Diseases 2015, 1.
- Treatment of Highly Experienced HIV Patients: Managing a Patient with Drug Resistant HIVGupta S, Kozal MJ. Treatment of Highly Experienced HIV Patients: Managing a Patient with Drug Resistant HIV. Federal Practitioner 2013, Supplement 1:19S-28S.
- Prostatic Abscess with Candida glabrata Treated with MicafunginGupta S, Topal J. Prostatic Abscess with Candida glabrata Treated with Micafungin. Infectious Diseases in Clinical Practice 2008, 16:387-390.
- Fever and High-Grade Parasitemia after SplenectomyGupta S, Torres-Viera C. Fever and High-Grade Parasitemia after Splenectomy. Travel Medicine Advisor 2007, June 1.
- The Resistant Learner: Challenges of Resident Evaluation.Gupta S. The Resistant Learner: Challenges of Resident Evaluation. Academic Internal Medicine Insight 2005, 4.