Rosemarie Fisher, MD
Research & Publications
Research activities include various clinical projects, related to both gastrointestinal diseases and nutritional support. As Director of the Nutritional Support Team, there is a multitude of opportunities for the clinical investigation of patients undergoing nutritional support. The utilization and effectiveness of home parenteral nutrition in patients with short bowel syndrome is a major ongoing interest. Other interests include hepatobiliary abnormalities during parenteral nutrition, nutritional support of bone marrow transplant patients and patients with inflammatory bowel disease.
Specialized Terms: Gastrointestinal diseases; Nutritional support; Home parenteral nutrition
Digestive System Diseases; Gastrointestinal Diseases; Nutritional Requirements; Parenteral Nutrition
- Stress-Related Mucosal Disease: Pathophysiology, Prevention, and TreatmentFisher R, Pipkin G, Wood J. Stress-Related Mucosal Disease: Pathophysiology, Prevention, and Treatment Critical Care Clinics 1995, 11: 323-345. PMID: 7788535, DOI: 10.1016/s0749-0704(18)30070-8.
- PrefaceFisher R. Preface Critical Care Clinics 1995, 11: xiii-xv. DOI: 10.1016/s0749-0704(18)30065-4.
- Nutrition support in inflammatory bowel disease.Lewis JD, Fisher RL. Nutrition support in inflammatory bowel disease. The Medical Clinics Of North America 1994, 78: 1443-56. PMID: 7967919.
- New therapies for idiopathic ulcerative colitis.Rubinstein MC, Fisher RL. New therapies for idiopathic ulcerative colitis. The Gastroenterologist 1993, 1: 71-82. PMID: 7914140.
- Home parenteral nutrition for patients with inoperable malignant bowel obstruction.August DA, Thorn D, Fisher RL, Welchek CM. Home parenteral nutrition for patients with inoperable malignant bowel obstruction. JPEN. Journal Of Parenteral And Enteral Nutrition 1991, 15: 323-7. PMID: 1907683, DOI: 10.1177/0148607191015003323.