Miriam Delphin, PhD
Research & Publications
I am particularly interested in research, training and consulting in areas related provider, organizational, and systems level cultural competence with the ultimate goals of both eliminating behavioral health disparities and creating systems of care that are more person centered and recovery oriented. Some of my specific interests include:
- Conducting technology transfer work with community organizations in areas related to program design and evaluation,
- Designing agency tailored cultural competency training for direct care and administrative staff, and,
- Consulting with agencies in the design and implementation of strategic plans focused on the elimination of behavioral health disparities.
Some of my additional research interests include exploring ethnic differences in coping and help seeking behavior, and assessing the impact of race and stereotyping biases on the clinical judgment process.
Specialized Terms: Behavioral health disparities; Stereotyping biases; Individual, organizational and service system level cultural competence including such areas as training, program design and evaluation; System level strategic planning geared towards eliminating health disparities
Community Health Services; Psychiatry; Stereotyping; Cultural Competency; Healthcare Disparities
- An American cultural view of the British DSPD proposals.Griffith EE, Delphin M, Norko MA. An American cultural view of the British DSPD proposals. The Journal Of The American Academy Of Psychiatry And The Law 2004, 32: 124-31. PMID: 15281412.
- New Forms of Outreach in Community Psychiatry: A Report from the FieldRowe M, Falzer P, Berryhill J, Thomas L, Delphin M, Vargas V, Styron T, Davidson L. New Forms of Outreach in Community Psychiatry: A Report from the Field Administration And Policy In Mental Health And Mental Health Services Research 2003, 30: 461-468. PMID: 12940687, DOI: 10.1023/a:1024649832248.